Commercial Broker & Property Manager
The Rants Group is the Olympia area’s original investment real estate management and brokerage firm, and we remain an industry leader after over 50 years. The company is family-run and leases, sells and manages a wide range of commercial and residential investment properties. We’re located in downtown Olympia, and our office has beautiful views of the waterfront. However, as a broker/property manager, you will not be at a desk all day; 20-50% of your time will be spent around town, traveling to properties, meeting with clients, or attending to managed properties. All staff work 8:00 am-5:00 pm and off hours only when necessary.
Commercial Broker and Property Manager:
Are you interested in the Commercial Real Estate industry but desire a more stable income yet still be rewarded for your accomplishments? Are you a people person but also enjoy numbers? This unique cross position of broker and property manager may be the fit for you.
Primary functions of this position shall include management, commercial leasing, and representing clients buying and selling investment real estate, including commercial office, medical, retail, industrial, and multi-family properties.
As a broker/property manager, you will receive a base salary plus commissions on completed leasing and sale transactions (which are a significant portion of your total compensation.) You will build relationships with tenants and property owners while managing the financial and physical maintenance aspects of their properties. As a broker, you will be helping businesses find and negotiate a lease or purchase of a new location, investors sell or buy an investment property, and much more. Each role comes with a variety of challenges, and every transaction is unique. You are always learning something new!
This position is fully supported by a team of office staff, including a property manager assistant, marketing manager, accounting assistant, and bookkeeping manager.
Basic duties/responsibilities include:
- Represent clients buying, selling, and leasing investment real estate.
- Formulate thoughtful analyses of properties, including broker opinion of value (BOV), market comparables, and research.
- Negotiating sales and lease transactions on behalf of clients.
- Procure new lease and sale listings.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to prepare marketing materials for exclusive property listings.
- Prospect new client relationships and network with other industry professionals.
Property Management Duties:
- Manage day-to-day physical and financial operations of the assigned portfolio, including serving as the primary liaison with owners, vendors, and tenants.
- Administer tenant leases and maintain good tenant relations; review, understand, and enforce lease terms. Communicate with tenants to address their needs and resolve any issues.
- Work closely with tenants to ensure prompt rental payment.
- Prepare annual budgets, review monthly financial reports, and provide them to property owners.
- Perform periodic inspections of the properties. Maintain the assigned portfolio at a high level of appearance and performance. Resolve emergency maintenance issues.
- Obtain and supervise third-party vendors; evaluate service contract requirements and establish performance specifications and documents; manage the competitive bid process.
- Analyze and propose options to enhance client profitability.
- Procure new property management accounts.
- Washington State Broker’s License, or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Display an understanding of basic business and economic principles.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Well-developed communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong ability to multitask, solve problems creatively, and perform with integrity.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Commercial property management experience.
- Experience with AppFolio or other property management software.
- The base salary starts at $50,000 /year plus a $20,000 commission/incentive guarantee over the first 12 months.
- Commission on leasing and sales transactions.
- Incentive pay for bringing in new management accounts.
- An experienced and motivated candidate can expect to earn $80,000+ in total compensation over the first 12 months and an unlimited future earning potential.
CLOSING: The position will close immediately upon finding a qualified applicant.
The Rants Group is an equal-opportunity employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to criminal background screening and credit checks.